21 March 2008

The last few days have been spent watching TV, catching up with other peoples blogs (check out my 'inspiring blogs' link on the right), and researching the big bang theory - it all started last week when J came over and we got chatting about the Earth and the Universe and he said about the big bang and the string theory and I realised I know little if not nothing about these as when taught physics in school I think I was more interested in chatting with my friends then actually listening to what Mr Dew was actually trying to teach me and I do in fact regret that because for one I can't remember what conversations me and my friends were having so they can't have been that interesting and two what he was teaching I would have remembered for my whole entire life, but I guess when your aged between 11 and 16 you don't really think about it too much so I am not going to dwell on that too much as I have enough time on my hands at the moment to do my own research so that has been what I've been doing. Firstly I looked up the string theory on Wikipedia but that seemed to be a lot of gobbledygook.. so I swapped my search to the big bang theory and that seemed to make a little more sense, so I know have a little more knowledge on the universe and how it all began. It's so interesting, phenomenal and overwhelming. I am still looking it up so I won't post any facts or anything as I'm no Einstein.

3 comments:

Emmie said...

Hi Sam! Have you thought of doing an OU course which studies this kind of thing? They have courses which just take 10 weeks or longer ones that take 9 months and you don't need prior qualifications to do them either. they have lots of different ones on planets, the cosmos, Earth and all sorts of science ones too. I'm doing a maths course with them at the moment and am LOVING it - they make it so interesting and fun to learn....nothing like the dry, dull teaching we got at school! xxxx

John Meadows said...

I have a book called "The Short History of Nearly Everything" and it starts the first several chapters discussing the Big Bang theory and it is mind-boggling to try and put a firm grasp on those concepts. It gives me a headache to think about the numbers involved and the time and all the information.

The Elizans said...

Hey Sam, just finished reading your blog and i just wanted to say that i really admire how well you are coping with everything and i hope you get better ASAP!! My thoughts are with u! Ash xxx