12 March 2008

I've had a bit of a poo time on Sunday, I've been having high temperatures and am more productive in my chest and just feel like I don't have any energy, So I called up the Brompton and spoke to the Dr on call and arranged to go onto Lind ward (the day unit) on Monday to have bloods and x-ray done and then to see the doctor and begin IV antibiotics again, So on Monday off we went to the good old Brompton, arrived on Lind at 12 o'clock, went straight to bloods and x-ray and then waited to see the doctor who arrived at 4.30. There are currently no beds available on Foulis ward so I was sent home on IV antibiotics for 14 days and then we will see where I am at, I was told that if I deteriorate I will have to be admitted to my local hospital (which has actually been voted the worse in the country) then be transferred to Foulis when a bed becomes available.

Yesterday was quite bad as I was so tired, I coughed up pots of mucus, still spiking temperatures and was just drained but today I do feel a little better, I'm not as tired which is good. Hopefully the drugs are working and will get rid of this infection.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm praying for you.
Hopefully the antibiotics work, and you don't have to go back to the hospital anytime soon. :)

Gizela said...

Goodday Sam,
so sad to hear about your setback. I do hope and believe that you will get your new lungs very soon!

When God sends you on a bumpy road, He will provide you with the right shoes. He will never send you on a journey, without the needed equipment.

May you have a wonderful day and feel my sunny thoughts all the way from SA!

Emmie said...

Thinking of you Sam and hoping the IV's kick in quickly xxxxx

Alice said...

Hey Sam!!! I've got internet now, so going to read your whole blog!!!! You have all my sympathies with feeling crap. So totally know the feeling. When I got the call I was very happy, my heart couldn't stop beating and I couldn't stop shaking for a while. Luckily I had a few hours to get used to the idea. It's normal to be scared, but if you could feel the way I do now, you'll be jumping out of your skin when you get that call. Praying that it'll be soon!!!

Alice Vogt said...

O yes, and please invite me on facebook if you're on there...