30 March 2008

One of the best shopping spree's ever!.

Yesterday was by far the best shopping spree I've had in a long time. All week it had been planned that if I felt well enough to do so my friend Natalie, her boyfriend Scott, My brother Nathan and I would all go toBluewater for a day of shopping and get some dinner at Ed's diner. Ed's diner is the best place to eat fast food - well we seem to think so. They have mini jukebox on your table so you can pay 20p and flick through some old tunes, chose one and the entire diner will hear you chosen song, it's fab.

I woke up at 9 o'clock and Nat was picking me up at half one, which gave me plenty of time to do what I needed to do and give me sometime to spare, or so I thought. It got to 12.30 and I received a text message from Nat saying she was 5 minutes away.. shock horror, I was still sitting on my bed in my pj's and Nathan hadn't even had a shower. Turns out I am actually losing my mind and I wanted to meet at 12.30.. and so the rush began.

Once all ready with my o2 and wheelchair in the car we were ready to leave. It took us just over an hour to get to Bluewater and when we arrived we did loads and loads of shopping.
I was looking for the perfect fitting pair of jeans which is a mission in itself and I really wasn't looking forward to trying them on as I do get quite tired getting dressed these days but Nat was the best and helped me put on the jeans and take them off.
I must say Bluewater really have covered everything for disabled access, the changing room for disabled customers is huge! I found some navy jeans in Topshop and some tops and then it was time to pay, the Que was huge so we asked the shop assistant if we could jump the line due to oxygen not lasting very long and I had a long day of shopping planned. The assistant was very helpful and was happy to let us in but the people in the Que were not so happy. After my Topshop spree we decided it was time to eat and headed up stairs for our long waited Ed's, we were shown to a booth and handed out menus but we didn't need to look as we all knew what we wanted.


I had a hot dog with mustard and so did Nathan, Nat and Scott had a burger. We all shared cheesy fries and we all had to have a milkshake - they are the best milkshakes in the world. I had a mint chocolate one, Nat had a chocolate and coffee and Scott had a peanut butter and banana one. Needless to say we were all stuffed and so the shopping continued.
In the end I brought four tops, two pairs of jeans, some sparkly pumps, a scarf, and some make-up. Lets just say my bank balance is not thanking me today, but hey a girl has got to do what a girl has to do, eh?!

We got home around 9 and we were all so tired. Nat and Scott stayed for a cup of tea then they went home. I did my medication then it was off to bed.

I had a wonderful day with Nat, Nathan and Scott.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi. I'm a 19 yr old girl with CF who also goes to the Brompton! Crazy! I have Dr. Elkin - who's your consultant? Who knows - I may have seen you in clinic!
Hope you keep well.
Ruth :)

Alice Vogt said...

Trying on clothes and getting dressed used to make me SOOOO tired as well!!! LOVE Topshop! My sister and I went to England in 2004, and we couldn't get enough of Topshop! Still wearing my denim jacket and black pants that I bought there! After your tx you'll be able to shop like crazy, like I'm doing now!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey hun, glad you had a lovely time shopping!! Sounds like it was just what you needed!
I can figure out how to comment on these things without being 'anonymous' but just so u know its clare cruickshank! hehe

Take care

Clarey xxx